Monday, August 16, 2010

Got Up & Went!!!

She did it!  That daughter of mine.  She pushed me too far this time!  I hope she's happy. 


It was 4:15 AM when my cricket alarm went off (tell you about that some other time) and we were out the door by 4:40.  Christian has been going to the Gym for several months now and she has been offering to take me as a week long guest.  Off we went.

I spent the first half-hour on an elliptical machine & a stationary bike.  I like the one feature on the bike where it tells you how many watts you are generating as you peddle.  My goal was to keep a light-bulb lit.  "One of those energy-saver bulbs?" was my daughter's snide remark!  Then we hit the floor mats for some stretching exercises and then off the the machines.

Who thinks up these machines?  What twisted, sadistic mind thinks up these platforms of pain?

OK, the point is that we all need some type of encouragement to get over the slump we are in.  It may be physical, emotional, educational or spiritual but we all need someone to push, just a little to get us over the hump.  Thank you Chris for the push. 

Oh, and I walked to the bank this morning instead of driving.  (1/2 mile)

Chuck (235)

2 comments:

  1. What's bad is there are LARGE buildings all over our fair country FULL of those machines and nobody is doing anything about it. We'll 'think' slump when one of those buildings pops up within walking distance of our own house. And we better hope it doesn't have a basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really proud of you and want you to know *YOU* encouraged me when I wanted to try to resume jogging after 20 some years. I used to be jealous hearing how you went out with Chris to run. I even think of the two of you when I'm out jogging now....wishing I also had a jogging buddy. Keep up the good work! If you spent a day with me at work and see what people do to their bodies you would never struggle again to get to that gym!

    ReplyDelete