Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Birthday

This is what the "New Born" looked like back on this date, 1981


 It was only a few years later, while he was still a toddler, that I met IBM / PC. I was working as a draftsman at E.H Richardsons & Associates; a subsidiary of TETRA TECH ; a sub-subsidiary of Honeywell (That poor receptionist had to answer the phone and mention all three names!) .  We worked closely for several years, kind of grew up together, from 80-88 to 286.  I saw him get his first video up-grade card and math co-processor.  His new 19" monitor took up half my desk, but that was OK, because I knew that has he was growing, so was I.

 I'm glad IBM/ PC and I met back in the early 80's and had such a long and rewarding relationship.  While it is true that "Iron sharpeneth iron", something has to said about "Silicon".  IBM / PC made a significant impact on my professional and personal life, for which I am grateful.  Several career moves came as a direct result of his name being in my résumé, and the skills that he help me to develop provided for my family for many years to follow. 

So I take this moment to pause and thank my Lord for introducing me to IBM / PC.  God knew the benefit that this connection would make.  Oh the stories I could tell (Post) about how the Lord weaved this relationship through all of my life, including my ministry.

So, Happy 29th Birthday IBM / PC ...

Chuck

1 comment:

  1. It's a week older than me! Or, er, ahem, a week and FIVE YEARS older than me ... yeah, that's what I meant to say ...

    ReplyDelete