Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shoes

I don't buy shoes very often and I don't particularly like to shop of shoes.  Normally I will decide what I want before I go, then head right to the shoe department, find what's  on sale in the color & style I have already pre-determined, complain about the price (I hate spending money) and then head to the check out.

Today I wanted to get a pair of "Running" shoes.  Not just a pair of sneakers, all-purpose, cross-trainer type shoes.  Running Shoes.  Can you tell I'm getting serious about this?  Dick's Sporting Goods was the first stop, and when I looked at the back wall FILLED with dozens of styles, in a spectrum of prices,  I just looked around briefly and said to Joyce, "Let's go see what they have at Kohl's."

The salesman showed up just then.  "Can I help you with something?", was the start of the conversation.  All right, let's do this I though, I'll see if this guy is just filling a summer job, or if he knows anything about running shoes.

Wow, he knew his stuff, pointing out different features between the different brands, the support benefits of the various styles and all within the price range that I said I was looking.  And after trying on 6 different pairs of Running Shoes (I normally would never try on 6 pairs of shoes) I was sold!  It was the Nike Air Pegasus+ 27 for me. 

Be Present when someone is looking - Be Patience when someone is debating  & Be Informed when someone in asking.  I hope I remember that, because there are many people that I meet while doing the Work of the Ministry whose Soul depends upon it. 

Chuck (228)

2 comments:

  1. I am on my 6th pair of Pegasus. Happy running you nuetral, cushioned guy you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nike pegasus was one of the shoes im considering before i get my new pair of brooks addiction

    ReplyDelete