Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Delicate Balance

There must be an answer to this perplexing question:  How often should you buy flowers for your wife?


If you buy them too often, it loses the whole intention of being special and somewhat romantic.  If you buy them too infrequent then her thought of, "I wonder what he did" clouds the moment.  I suppose the best solution is not in the timing but in the gift itself.  Mixing up different types of gifts, like flowers one time, a candle the next.  Alternate small & big, humorous and intimate (perfume, nail polish, a new dress).

I can't imagine Joyce ever getting tired of having fresh flowers around the house yet if I brought home a Tastykake, Coconut Junior she would certainly conclude that must have bee thinking about her on my what home.  The gift ideas are endless ...

“Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.” (Proverbs 18:22)

Good Things need to be treated well.

Chuck

3 comments:

  1. You should buy them in season and out of season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was good ... Can I quote you on that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure...........or you can sum it up in one word: OFTEN

    ReplyDelete