Sunday, August 15, 2010

Get Up and Go


My dear daughter, Christian Joy, brought home the Race Forum magazine yesterday.  GREAT! It lists all the different races in our area.  You see last year at this time I was running with her a few days a week and was getting in a few miles each time.  I had mentioned that we should run a 5K together and this was her reminder to me.  She has kept up the running, I, on the other hand, have not. 

I have discovered that running and weight are connected and this past year has been rough.  The scale has gone places that its never gone before.  I used to just take it easy on the desserts for a bit, and Boom, 10 pounds.  But not any more.  50 has put me into a new category of difficulty.  I need to just get up and go running again.  How about you?  Anything that you need to just get up and go do?  Well, let's get moving!

Thank you Chris for the encouragement.  Maybe if I started posting my "Current Weight" each week I would shame myself into more exercise.  We all need motivation and also we all need to be motivators of Body, Soul and Spirit. “And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:” (Hebrews 10:24)

Chuck

1 comment:

  1. OK, that enough out of you....;-)yep I need to climb back on that bike and lift a few weights instead of gain some...

    ReplyDelete