Monday, October 25, 2010

Anticapation

Tomorrow is my annual medical check-up and I am excited about it.  You see for the past several years I have gotten the "Blood Pressure" speech along with the warning.  My BP has been marginally high and, as I was told, if I didn't bring it down a little that I would need to start taking medication.  I don't like to take medication.  It's not that I don't like pills, it's just that I would prefer to get something fixed without having to us a drug to do it.



Several years ago I started taking Fish Oil pills to help with something.  Yuck! Maybe fish oil and coffee just didn't mix well, so you know which one had to go.  I have often refereed to coffee as my vitamin "C", so why give up a good thing.  Last year my dear wife helped to lower my BP, after another threat from the Doc,  by replacing my coffee with half-caffeinated.  No, I didn't go through withdraw, but it did lower my BP by 10 points.  Not to bad, and the Doc was happy and the threat of medication was dodged for another year.

Now this time I'm ready.  I am 20 pounds lighter and with a semi-good routine of running my blood pressure has got to be at least 20 points lower then last years exam.  We'll see tomorrow.  I suppose it is always better to fix our problems then to cover them up.  For me it is better to eat right & exercise then to continue the way I was going and just take a pill so that I didn't have to change anything.  I guess that's exactly how some folks feel about there relationship to God.  Just give a pill (religion) so that I don't have to change anything!  I think that'll preach.


Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment