Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cool Beans!

Today was my annual medical check-up and my doctor was happy with me.  First stop is the front desk to lighten the wallet (co-pay) and then off the scale.  218 fully dressed, which is not bad, considering that last year I weighed in at 238.  I was off to a good start.  Now for the big number that was waiting to see, the Blood Pressure.  The nurse read 112 / 76 and then the Doc confirmed it later with a 110 / 76 reading.  WOW!  Last year it was 144 over something-an-other.  It is amazing what 20 pounds of fat will do to a body. 


Today I received a tetanus shot, it's been 10 years, and also a referral for another favorite doctor to get a colonoscopy.  Thanks to some hereditary risk factors I need one every 5 years.  You know who you are, you hereditary risk factor!  This time I'm not signing the waiver for photos & videos made during the procedure.  Now that I'm blogging I may want to keep them for myself and share them with all of you.

I need to make sure that I just don't stop everything that I have been doing to get to this point.  Success in this matter, like many other things in life, is not simply hitting a number today but maintaining and improving on it for years to came.  I want to get below 200 before the end of the winter so that I will be in better shape to run some bigger races next year. I want to keep the scale and the BP going in the right direction, and like anything that is worth it, it will take some work.  Pitching the excuses and pushing forward.

Chuck (218)

No comments:

Post a Comment