Saturday, October 2, 2010

Office Furniture

This has been an exciting week for my son Eric & his dear wife.  They FINALLY signed the papers on their house.  This has been months in the making.  They've been staying here at 52 for over three months and will be moving into their home by the end of October.

One of great benefits to having the kids stay with us, while they waited for settlement, is the daily contact with the grand babies, especially GB3.  Nearly every morning she makes her way into my office and climes up on my lap and ask, "What'ja doin' Pop Pop?"  What a great way to start the day!

I keep an office at the house, up on the second floor, overlooking the backyard.  This affords a spectacular sunrise view.  Oh, and my office doubles as the laundry room.  This space was once the second floor kitchen when our old house was divided into two apartments, so there is plenty of room for both activities.  Well, the other day we were at the kid's new house and GB3 was showing me around.  She took me through the kitchen and into the utility room where the washer and drier are set up.  She told me, "Pop Pop, this is where your office can be."  That was too cute!

I have always believed that no house is big enough for two families.  I've seen and heard horror stories of the struggles that couples have gone through because of that type of living arrangement, even for just short periods of time. Yet these past three months have been wonderful.  Not just grand baby time, but we have all adapted, adjusted and / or accommodated each other so well.  We all had to learn to work & be productive in the space that we had.  Just like I adapt to writing sermons while sitting next to the washer, we all need to adjust to the unique arraignment in our home without getting agitated.


Chuck (214)

1 comment:

  1. agitated....what a word !! I am so happy they got a house, it will make yours bigger, but I know you will miss them. It was even a blessing for them to be there when WE were so I could get to know them even better. It was nice to see you all 'meld' together.

    ReplyDelete