Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Favorites:

Today's favorite is my favorite Kid's Books:

This was our kid's favorite book that they wanted me to read to them when they were little.  I'm sure that I must have read it aloud hundreds of times.  We still have that copy of the book and have read it several times to some of the grand kids.  I know that my kids still quote passages from this great literary work. 

Second on the list was Stone Soup.  We actually used to make stone soup for the kids and they loved it.  Joyce had a small rock that she would put into the pot and the kids would excitedly dig through their bowls to see if they were served the Stone in their soup.

Both of these books have a lot of miles on them, and hopefully will serve another generation.  I guess Mom Mom is going to have to find another rock to throw in the pot.  I love reading!


Chuck (218)

No comments:

Post a Comment