Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sleepy Head

Am I getting OLD or What!?  I fell asleep last night, on the coach, in the ninth inning of game 4 of the National League Championship.  The Phillies had tied it up in the 8th and I fell asleep.  Unbelievable!  Please don't answer that first question.  I'm only 50, and if I live to 120, I haven't even reached middle-age yet.

Here are my excuses:

1. I got up extra early yesterday so that I'd be ready to preach the junior chapel at Heritage Christian Academy.  BTW I preached in a Tuxedo!  I'll have to tell you all about that later.

2. I was working in my office all afternoon on a bulk mailing for the church which went out today.

3. I went over Eric's house and did more R & T for about 3 hours.  That included some good fellowship with "Chief", who lives around the corner from them.

4.  Well.... There is no 4, I'm all out of excuses ... and really there is no excuse for falling asleep in the 9th inning when your team just tied the ball game.

It is truly amazing how accurate the words of our Lord are, "The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."  I certainly was determined, excited, extremely interested and fully engaged in the game.  But my flesh is weak.  Yet contrary to my ability to generate a list, there will be no excuses accepted for dozing off in the last inning of the Lord's work.

Tonight's game is critical, a lose means elimination.  With the stakes so high how could any true fan think about sleeping.  No excuses!


Chuck - (Joyce, Thanks for the PIC)

No comments:

Post a Comment